Business Development Representative – Houston, TX
Why Join Us NOW
- Detechtion’s products enable companies to do more with less.
- Our Customer base continues to grow.
- We have invested heavily in digital marketing over the last number of months
- Detechtion an early and stable provider in the digital oilfield
The well-being of our employees and our customers is a priority. This role will utilize technology to reach out to customers for the near term and will evolve over the coming months.
The heart of this role is to build key customer relationships, identify new opportunities, work collaboratively with internal teams to create winning proposals, negotiate and close business deals.
Overview of responsibilities
New Business Development
- Bring a passion for uncovering leads, qualifying, building winning proposals and the thrill of closing the deal
- Present with confidence to executives, teams, the solution and ROI Detechtion’s solutions provide
- Participates in the implementation process to ensure the customer’s needs and expectations are being met
- Provides the clean line of communication between the technical team from the customer and Detechtion’s team
- Coordinate the introduction of the appropriate resources during the implementation project such as engineering & technical support
- Maintains weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports using SalesForce
- Tracks all customer activity using SalesForce
- Post- secondary education in business administration or a relevant technical degree, diploma or certificate or similar discipline OR equivalent industry experience
- Professional Selling Skills degree, diploma or certificate would be an asset
- 7+ years of highly successful value based software solution sales, preference given to SaaS solutions
- Experience in the upstream oil & gas industry, natural gas compression, chemical operations, mechanical or instrumentation verticals. Any of these industries translate well into this role.
- Communicating with executives, selling to teams and capable of closing multi-year SaaS and Hardware deals in the $10k - $50k MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) range
- Solid understanding of system integration with products such as Maximo and other Enterprise Asset Management apps, work order management and inventory
- Tools of the trade include using SalesForce and HubSpot
- Basic understanding of integration processes (API, staging tables, etc)
- The extraordinary ability to connect with people, at all levels. Open, honest and trusting, it appears effortless for you to find the perfect words that bring ideas to life.
- Your communication style uses powerful stories to bring clarity to complex issues and situations.
- Business development has the world on its shoulders and defines success; we have a strong desire to win! It’s instinctively knowing the odds of success; focusing time and energy productively.
- Confidently and calmly orchestrate people & plans. A big picture thinker who always begins with the end in mind.
- A high level of commitment and impeccable ethics combine to create your reputation as someone who is totally dependable.
- NOTES – AROUND HIGH SENSE OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND OWNERSHIP.
- Excellent base salary plus commission
- SaaS commissions are front end loaded over a 3-year life span
- Benefits – full health coverage (shared cost 75/25)
Other Important Details
- Apply on Indeed.com, we will personally read every resume/application and provide a response
- The above description is a summary of responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list of duties. A comprehensive job description will be provided to you in the interviewing process.
- Travel is part of the role, up to 50%. A valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance will be required. Cell phone and laptop are provided.
- We welcome all qualified candidates to apply, the diversity of our workforce reflects the communities and customers we serve.
- Professional references will be required.