Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up in our products, we ask you for personal information, such as your email address. We may combine the information you submit to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our products.
- Location Data – Our products may prompt you for permission to access the location of your mobile device. If you grant such access, Detechtion Technologies will have access to your mobile device’s location to provide supplemental audit information and to also possibly provide geo-fencing capabilities to automate certain actions based on your location.
- Camera Data – As a result of camera functionality in our product, Detechtion Technologies may have access to your photos to enhance user experience.
- Crash and usage data – If you use our iOS and Android products, Detechtion Technologies may receive anonymous crash and usage data of your device and apps.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Detechtion Technologies or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Detechtion Technologies processes information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
Detechtion Technologies only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Detechtion Technologies in the following limited circumstances:
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) is now or hereafter becomes part of the public domain through no act or failure to act by us, (b) is information that we had rightfully in our possession without restriction as to use or disclosure before receiving such information from you, (c) is hereafter rightfully obtained by us from a third party without restriction as to use or disclosure, provided that such third party is not known by us to be bound by a confidentiality agreement with respect to such information, (d) information independently developed by us without any use of or reliance from you, or (e) we may disclose personal information provided by you to the extent compelled by law or a court or other judicial or administrative body, provided that we notify you of such compelled disclosure promptly and in writing (to the extent legally permitted) and we cooperate with you, at the your reasonable request and expense, in any lawful action to contest or limit the scope of such required disclosure.
We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.