Detechtion Technologies engineers the electronics, applications and predictive analytics that deliver superior operations and safety performance for E&P, midstream and energy service companies. Detechtion is looking for a junior Field I&E (Instrumentation & Electrical) Technician to install, repair, and maintain electronics for monitoring and controlling equipment, well sites, and facilities. We are looking for candidates located in the Permian Basin (Midland/Odessa area) or anyone interested in relocating to that location.
Field I&E Technician
- Responsible for installation and troubleshooting of electrical, instrumentation, and control components on gas compressor units and other well site equipment.
- Inspect existing panels to insure proper function and configuration.
- Responsible for field instrument calibration.
- Apply advanced analytical skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work.
- Report on time spent, work carried out, materials used and any further action required for each job undertaken in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Maintain inventory and inventory records for parts used on equipment installations and repairs.
- Maintains good housekeeping at work site and ensures that maintenance tools and equipment are kept in good, safe operating condition.
- 0 – 5 years I&E experience; previous I&E experience in gas compression preferred.
- Experience with and ability to troubleshoot annunciators and PLCs including Murphy and Altronic.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules including weekends (e.g., 3 weeks on, 1 week off).
- Ability to work at various locations within North America with travel expenses paid.
- Understanding of proper safety protocols.
- Basic Windows computer proficiency including email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Fast learner with ability to learn Detechtion’s hardware and SCADA Dashboard software.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Able to be a self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, and thorough.
- Minimum High School diploma plus appropriate experience. Preferred Associates Degree in Instrumentation related program.
- Clear driving records and drug test.