Detechtion Technologies provides industry-leading compressor schools, having successfully trained over four thousand operators, mechanics, field supervisors, and engineers since 1998. We offer a full-day (8 hours) reciprocating compressor school, a half-day (5 hour) rotary screw compressor school and now, a half day TEG Dehydration School (6 hours).
Detechtion’s compressor schools provide a broad base of understanding of reciprocating and rotary screw compressors. The schools are appropriate for both those new to compression, as well as those that have many years experience but looking to build a deeper understanding of key compressor fundamentals.
Our instructors are not only experts in compressor operations and optimization, but also proven high-quality training professionals. The schools are kept fun and interesting, with a constant focus on keeping the entire class engaged & learning.
Compressor School Topics / Content Covered:
- Properties of natural gas / How & why gases behave differently when compressed
- Water content & hydrates / Avoiding freeze-offs
- Detailed hardware discussion: Drivers, Compressors, and Auxiliary Equipment
- The compression process – what is actually happening inside the machine
- Valves, Rod Load, Rod Reversal, Clearance Devices (Recips)
- Slide Valves, Capacity Control, Vi Control, Oil Management (Screws)
- Volumetric Efficiency
- Horsepower & driver loading
- Compressor loading curves
- Maintenance & lubrication
Registration for the schools must be received by the 1st of each month.
If there are not enough registrants to hold the school in a given month, the school will be postponed to the next month. Confirmation will be sent out at least one (1) week prior to the school confirming whether the school is going to be held as scheduled or whether it has been postponed to the next month.
Past Attendee Testimonials:
Want Compressor Schools Organized Just for Your Company?
If you would like to have the reciprocating and/or screw compressor schools organized for your company or production area, please contact Brenda Gesinghaus, at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or toll free at 1.800.780.9798.